Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blah blah blah...

So, it's official. I've been clubbing in the downtown nightlife of Madrid. It was an awesome experience. I rode the metro, went to a club, actually danced, had a couple of drinks, and drifted off into the metro to catch the ride home during the Madrid sunrise. From 11pm-8am last thursday, I was on an awesome journey. I met some people, but I really didn't catch their names. Anyhow, I had an awesome time, and documentation of the night is impossible to put online! haha

It's been a wet week here in Madrid, and my house family is not liking it. I personally love it because my room is now at a comfortable 23.3 degrees celcius instead of a 31 degrees hell hole, and that makes it a lot easier to sleep. I've also been trying to get out and do what I said I'd go do every morning here in Madrid: go running in the countryside. I've marked out a pretty sweet trail from the house that goes through wheat fields, beautiful countryside, and abandoned tennis courts(???). I've ran it 2 times, but I'm hoping to do the trail at least once every 2 days.

I'm also halfway through on a new book/novel I've started: El Juego del Angel, by Carlos Zafón. It's a very difficult read, seeing as how most of the words require a lifetime of studying Spanish to understand, but I skip past the words I don't know and understand the general meaning of the sentences. Uptil now it's been a story about a writer that is hired by some crazy italian bastard to write a religious text in order to deceive the world and follow his religion. I'm only halfway through, so I'm hoping it'll be an interesting read like the last Zafón book I read, the Shadow of the Wind.

The kids are just about out of school, and when that happens I'll be on a whole different schedule. English lessons in the morning, pool in the afternoon, Madrid at night (hopefully...). I can't wait for the change, because right now I need one...

It's been 38 days here in the land of España, and I'm hoping the next 51 days are more awesomely awesomer.

Besos

Nicolás Antonio Canfield

1 comment:

  1. What the heck's up with the hairdo? Europunker!
    Go to the National museum and steal me a clock.
    Eat some paella and feel the flamenco dancers rumble across the stage!

    MEEMA

    ReplyDelete