Thursday, July 1, 2010

2/3 done.

I thought it was about time for an update, so here it goes...

It's been 7 weeks and 5 days that I've been here in Spain. I've learned a lot of new Spanish, life skills, and a lot about myself. I've made some friends, hung out in the Madrid night life many times, and really enjoyed my time here.

The weeks are different now that Carlos and Danae are out of school. I wake up at 8:30, wrestle to get out of bed, eat a b-fast (toast with onion, salt, and olive oil. very delicious), teach Carlos at 9:35, teach Danae at 10:45, swim, eat lunch, take a 2 hour nap, swim some more, eat dinner, facebook, stumbleupon, and then sleep. On the weekends, I'm usually in Madrid from 9pm until 8am the next morning. I've been clubbing, bar hopping, touristing, dancing, meeting random people, buying beer from chinese men, and doing many other interesting things that only 3am can account for, haha. In all, Madrid night life is very fun, and I'm trying not to over- or under- do it.

Next big point of news: I have a Spanish cell phone! It's a prepay phone, and I can call people for $.14/minute. I bought the phone so I could meet up with people and stay in contact with new friends. I've had the phone for a week, and it's really been helpful.

Oh... so I know this isn't a big deal or anything, but I'm running with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain on July 11th at 8am. I still need to buy a red handkerchief, a white shirt, and white pants. I'm going with a friend here named David, and we're pretty excited about going. Just bought the bus ticket last night, and it's a good 6-8 hour bus ride, and I'm sure I'll either be sleeping/preparing to run with the bulls or finishing up on my Spanish novel. It should be one awesome experience!

Holy freaking God it's getting hot here in Spain. My bedroom last night, when I went to bed, was 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Even after taking a cold shower, it was unbearable. It sucks that my house family doesn't do air conditioning, even though they live in a $2.7million house! During the day, I walk around the house with just my swimsuit on because it's literally too hot to wear anything else. But hey, it's all good. Can't wait to get back to the states for some air conditioning!

I'll be sure to post the pictures of the running of the bulls when and if I don't get trampled. Until then, I love all you guys and keep have an awesome summer.

Besos y abrazos,
Nicolás Antonio Canfield

2 comments:

  1. Ah, hijo, please be careful playing with the 2,000 pound pissed off animals in Pampalona. I am sure it will be an adventure! Glad things are going well and it will be nice to see you in August!

    Love-
    Stepmayza

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUTSTANDING!!! I always wanted to run with the bulls. Get out the Flip video!

    Sean Tisdale (Cat's GA friend)

    ReplyDelete