Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Thriller Study break



Danae thought it would be fun to show our dance moves to the world. I thought differently. I lost, and that's why the video is being posted. haha

Hopefully this gives you and idea of what the kids are like and the fun that we have.

Yesterday I gave a presentation to the Aeronautics College English class here in Madrid, and I must say I had one fun time. I gave them a quick rundown of CU, the students, myself, and my major, and then I let them ask me questions about the U.S. and myself for a hour. Most of the questions of course were a little biased and had negative views about the U.S. such as our drinking laws, our love of automatic weapons, and our McDonalds, but I at least tried to give them a good positive idea of what America is all about. If nothing else, by just presenting myself I showed them that not all Americans are unintelligent consuming machines that eat McDonalds all day long, and I let them clearly know that stereotypes aren't always true. Everything depends on the individual situation. Oh... I also met up and had lunch with some of the students yesterday. Some of the girls in the cafeteria were gorgeous, and the group I was with was really funny and nice. They basically treated me with a bunch of respect, and at least I got to hang out with some people that are my same age! No offense Carlitos, but you're not almost 20 with a 20 year old humor and thoughts! The only bad part is that those students don't get out of school until June 30th, and they have exams up until then. Basically, I need to find another group of friends.. :(

It's starting to get hot here in Madrid. It's already about 80 degrees+ here, and the humidity is like 50% with no rain. It's going to be one hot summer, and the shorts are already out. I'm putting the body in beach season shape, like a young dutch David Hasselhoff from Baywatch: that's what I'm going for. haha

Well, it's been one crazy day, and my legs are literally about to fall out from under me. I've been spending about 2 hours every other day in the gym, and my legs are just not working well. So yea, off to another long Spanish siesta for me.

Un saludo y besos a todos.

Nicolás Antonio Canfield

1 comment:

  1. Go white boy go!! Nice job on the Thriller moves... and it looks like Danae is having a great time! And Isabel is laughing her head off! Good job, hijo!!! Keep practicing and let's see how it looks at the end of the summer... great project for you and Danae!! Keep me posted on how it is going here or email! Love and miss you - Catherine

    ReplyDelete